0

What is Art Journal By Dina Wakley

This is my very first post, and in order to make things right and from the very beginning I need to first learn what is an ART JOURNAL. An I found a great artist Dina Wakley who wrote the perfect definition for it. So lets start by learning together. Here's her post:


"Simply put, an art journal is a journal in which you combine art and words to express yourself. That’s it. It’s not complex, and there really aren’t any rules for art journaling. It’s all about self-expression.

Art journaling has a long-standing artistic tradition. Artists through the centuries have kept notebooks in which they sketched, practiced, experimented, and recorded themselves. Vincent vanGogh kept notebooks (and he used moleskins!). Picasso and DaVinci were two other prolific sketchbook keepers. You are in good company! If you feel like exploring famous and not-so-famous artists’ sketchbooks, go to Artists’ Sketchbooks Online.

You might be thinking, I’m not an artist! Well, I beg to differ. You are an artist, and you can create an art journal without drawing or sketching. In fact, I’m lousy at drawing, so I use collage techniques to express myself. Stamp images, vintage photographs and magazine images make up for the fact I can’t draw"


Dina Wakley

SIMPLE RIGHT????...... W'll see.....

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top